Master in Environmental Studies
Campus Universitário de Santiago, 3810-193 Aveiro, Portugal
+351 234 370 309
Type of course
Language of tuition
Length of course
4 Semesters (2 years)
Date of commencement
17 September 2018
There are specific (3) periods for applications. For 2018/2019 academic year they are: 1st Call – 16th to 27th April 2018 2nd Call - 16th July to 3rd August 2018 3rd Call - 24th to 28th September 2018
Cost / fees
National/European Union: 1063.47€/year
Student grants / Financial assistance
The University of Aveiro will award 50 scholarships to international students enrolled in master and integrated master programmes (in this case only students enrolled in the 4th and 5th years are eligible), who have been placed in the best 50 relative positions among all enrolled students, regardless of the programme they are enrolled in.
Major recruiters of graduates of our programmes
Municipalities, NGO, Consulting enterprises, Research centres, among others.
Exchange partner schools
The Department of Environment and Planning has signed over 30 bilateral mobility agreements with universities from Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, Lithuania, Poland, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.
1. Ratio of National / Overseas students 5 / 95
2. Ratio of Men / Women 20/80
3. Age range 20 - 32
• Licenciatura level degree, or legal equivalent in Environmental Engineering or similar;
• Foreign higher education degree in Environmental Engineering or similar awarded on completion of a 1st cycle study programme organised in accordance with the principles of the Bologna Process by a State adhering to this process;
• Foreign higher education degree in Environmental Engineering or similar recognised as satisfying the objectives of the licenciatura degree by the scientifically and statutorily competent body.
Maria Isabel Nunes