The European Education Directory
A Guide to Graduate Programs in
NEW NAME NEW VISION
Birmingham City University is the new name unveiled for University of Central England in Birmingham. The move follows extensive consultation with students, staff and key university stakeholders, who were asked to vote on three alternative names for the university. Of the 4,700 people who responded to a survey earlier this year, the greatest number (42.8%) voted in favour of Birmingham City University.
We are now accepting applications for our January 2008 entry which include courses in MBA/MSc (International Business), UG courses in Combined Studies, Business Studies, Masters in Automotive & Mechanical Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Electronic Commerce, Project Management, Data Communications, Data Networks and Security and LLM International Human Rights.
For our September intake, we have a comprehensive international student Orientation Programme, including Meet and Greet on arrival, an introduction to the University and Birmingham, and a wide range of social activities. We also have a dedicated learning support centre with on-going support throughout the duration of your course. An International Students’ Society, fantastic sports facilities, clubs, and support services are available. Strong links with industry and the professions facilitate a highly vocational approach, and many courses include the option of work placements and consultancy projects.
All International students are offered priority allocation with accommodation for the whole duration of their course.
We have been ranked one of the Top New University’s and from our seven faculties and seven campuses; we deliver over 300 courses to more than 23,000 students. Our faculties include:
The Birmingham Conservatoire
The Birmingham Institute of Art and Design (BIAD)
- A Music College of international stature, training musicians to the highest standard in performance and composition
- Its concert hall hosts around 375 music events every year
The UCE Business School
- BIAD is one of the largest centres for design and media education outside London and is rated as one of the top ten UK Art and Design institutions
- BIAD provides education for nearly 4,000 students
The Faculty of Education
- A key regional centre which, with 4,000 students, is one of the largest business schools in the UK
- Specialises in Business and Management, Marketing, Organisational Development, Knowledge Management, Accountancy and Finance, Auditing and Entrepreneurship
The Faculty of Law, Humanities, Development and Society (LHDS)
- Trains teachers and related professionals at levels from foundation to PhD
- Performance indicators published by the Teacher Training Agency demonstrate its outstanding achievements
The Technology Innovation Centre (tic)
- Courses in Law, Social and Political Studies equip students for a range of professional careers
- Work experience opportunities include placements with US law firms
The Faculty of Health
- Offers a wide range of courses in Computer Technology, Multimedia and Engineering
- Its Millennium Point facilities are among the best in the country
For more information about our courses and living in Birmingham please contact:
- One of the country's largest centres for non-medical Health Education, and including the new Defence School of Health Care Studies, which trains military nurses and professionals
The International Office, Tel: + 44 121 331 6714,
Or Visit our website: http://www.bcu.ac.uk/
EuroEducation respects your privacy. You have received this email because our records indicate you have signed up for EuroEducation's Newsletter and have given us permission to communicate with you via email. If you’d like to discontinue receiving emails from EuroEducation please click REPLY, type the word REMOVE on the subject line and click SEND