|The European Education Directory|
|Address||Virginia International University, Administration Office, 11200 Waples Mill Road #360 Fairfax, Virginia 22030, USA|
|Tel. No.||+1 800.514.6848|
|Fax No.||+1 703.591.7048|
|Admission E-mail email@example.com|
|Course titles||School of Business |
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in:
Health Care Management
Human Resources Management
Hospitality and Tourism Management
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in:
Undergraduate Certificate Programs:
Small Business Management
Medical Administrative Assistant
School of Computer Information Systems
Master of Information Systems (MIS)
Master of Computer Science (MCS)
Master of Science in Information Systems Management (MISM)
Master of Science in Information Technology (MIT)
Master of Science in Software Engineering (MSE)
Bachelor of Computer Science (BCS)
Graduate Certificate in Information Systems
Graduate Certificate in Information Systems Management
Graduate Certificate in Information Technology Audit and Compliance
Graduate Certificate in Business Intelligence
School of Public & International Affairs
Master of Public Administration (MPA) in:
Healthcare Administration & Public Health
Master of Science in International Relations (MIR) in:
International Economic Development
School of Education
Master of Education (M.Ed.)
Master of Arts in TESOL (MATESOL)
Graduate Certificate of Education
Graduate Certificate in TESOL
School of English Language Studies
English as a Second Language Program (ESL)
School of Online Education
Offers all graduate, undergraduate and graduate certificate programs online.
School of Continuing Education
Adult English Language Evening Classes
Professional Development Programs
Workshops / Seminars
|Type of programs||Full time, part time, online|
|Length of programs||1 year to 4 years|
|Cost / Fees||
|Student grants / Financial assistance||Scholarship:|
The Scholarship Program at Virginia International University is designed to provide encouragement and public recognition to students who have demonstrated academic excellence. The program is supported by generous contributions from individuals, organizations, corporations and foundations. Scholarships are available for the Undergraduate and Graduate Programs. The primary criterion for awards from the University Scholarship Program is outstanding performance. Financial need is another important consideration. Your accurate completion of the scholarship application form will ensure your consideration for every scholarship for which you qualify.
Scholarship Application Requirements:
Application to, acceptance by, or enrollment as student in Virginia International University is required. Additional requirements for individual scholarships vary depending on the scholarship. Students can apply for only one scholarship program. The GPA at VIU is calculated on the student's unweighed, cumulative GPA as determined by Admissions and Records, including the fall semester proceeding the application period. Applicants must submit a complete application packet including all required materials for the given scholarship by the deadline date in order to be considered.
|Student profile||Countries of origin: Our students come from over 70 different countries Student Body: We currently have about 1200 students per year.|
|Admission requirements||The Office of Admissions is seeking qualified applicants for programs at all levels. VIU accepts applications up to eight weeks before the start of the following semester. After all application materials are received, students are notified of their acceptance as soon as possible. Please see the chart below for the requirements of each program.|
|Student accommodation||VIU provides limited assistance to students in locating housing off- campus.|
The graduate programs provide a high level of professional education and cover a broad range of subjects, thereby qualifying students for more diverse job opportunities after graduation. These degrees are earned by completing the program course requirements of 36 credit hours (3 credit hours per course, beyond prerequisite courses).
Master of Business Administration (MBA) (On-Campus & Online)
Master of Science in Information Systems (MIS) (On-Campus & Online)
Master of Science in Computer Science (MCS) (On-Campus & Online)
MS in Information Systems Management (MISM) (On-Campus & Online)
MS in Information Technology (MIT) (On-Campus & Online)
MS in Software Engineering (MSE) (On-Campus & Online)
Master of Arts in Education (M.Ed.) (On-Campus & Online)
Master of Arts in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) (On-Campus & Online)
Master of Public Administration (MPA) (On-Campus & Online)
Master of Science in International Relations (MIR) (On-Campus & Online)
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (On-Campus & Online)
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (On-Campus & Online)
Business Certificate Programs
• Medical Administrative Assistant (Undergraduate)
• Small Business Management (Undergraduate)
• Information Systems (Graduate)
• Information Systems Management (Graduate)
• Information Technology Audit and Compliance (Graduate)
VIU offers a graduate certificate in TESOL that prepares native and near-native speakers of English to teach ESL and EFL. The program requires a total of 18 credits and can be completed in two semesters of full-time study.
VIU's English as a Second Language (ESL) program is a semester-based program that offers instruction at four proficiency levels, from Elementary to College Preparatory. VIU's ESL program offers both full-time and part-time study, including a TOEFL iBT preparatory course. As well, the schedule includes a variety of content-based ESL electives to appeal to a wide range of interests.
Continuing Education Programs
Virginia International University's institutional mission is to encourage the development of a strong knowledge base and to foster the lifelong pursuit of learning. To this end, the VIU School of Continuing Education is designed to deliver high-quality continuing professional education and training programs for individuals and organizations.
VIU is a private, non-profit university located in Fairfax, Virginia, just minutes from Washington, DC. VIU currently offers graduate and undergraduate programs in business, management and computer science, as well as certificates in a variety of professional and technical fields, including English as a second language (ESL). Our student body comes from more than 50 different countries. VIU offers tuition scholarships to high-potential students because we believe that higher education should be available to those who do not have the necessary funds to pursue it.
1. Location: VIU is located in Fairfax, Virginia which is known to be one of the safest and most tranquil places to reside in the United States. Here, we have great opportunities for students to discover and learn about American history and cultures while visiting magnificent historical places and living in a healthy environment.
2. Diverse Community Environment: VIU is a truly unique place where you can meet and become friends with students from over 60 different countries. This allows students to broaden their social networks while living in a multicultural environment. We are devoted to delivering a warm atmosphere where all students can feel at home.
3. Student-Centered Education: Students have the opportunity to meet with their expert faculty with real world experience. VIU maintains small class sizes so that our students can benefit from individual attention from their professors.
4. No TOEFL: If you are unable to take the TOEFL exam, you can enroll in VIU’s ESL program before attending undergraduate and graduate programs. We have a five-level ESL program beginning at the elementary level. For prospective students planning to transfer to our Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs or our TESOL program, a minimum of 50% course credit must be completed at VIU, while the remainder may be transferred from outside institutions.
5. Affordable Tuition Rates: VIU is a non-profit organization committed to supporting students in achieving their dreams by providing low-cost, high-quality education. Through our flexible payment plans, we allow students to make tuition payments in small installments rather than a large, lump sum.
6. Tuition Scholarships: Tuition scholarships are available for high-potential students. The tuition amount varies between $500 and $4000 in an academic year. This is just one way VIU pays back our community.
7. Job Opportunities: Fairfax, Virginia is the second wealthiest county in the US. Because VIU is located minutes away from Washington DC, students have great opportunities to gain experience through internships and employment in a variety of industries around the DC-metropolitan area.
8. Customized Programs and Flexible Schedules: We provide customized programs to fit our students’ schedules, including daytime, evening, and weekend hours for working individuals.
9. Online Degrees: VIU’s School of Online Education offers full and partially online degrees. Students can take classes anywhere, anytime. VIU Online tuition structure is one of the most affordable in the industry.
Request For Further Information
Please fill in the information below and your request will be submitted to the university.
EuroEducation Net |