SDA Bocconi School of Management
Master Program in Fashion, Experience & Design Management (MAFED)
Add more value to creativity.
The Master in Fashion, Experience & Design Management (MAFED) is an intense, 1-year full-time program
that is taught entirely in English and attracts students from all over the world.
MAFED provides robust management competences to participants who are willing to work in highly creative industries, where unlimited imagination needs to be combined with analytical skills, consistent strategies, and carefully targeted marketing initiatives.
MAFED is the Master for you if
• You aspire to take on a managerial role in a fashion, luxury or design-based company, or you are interested in developing your start-up in these sectors.
• You are interested in experience-products and want to work in businesses that create unique customer experiences
• You are looking for a program that gives you direct exposure to the industry world, where things happen
• You want to obtain a qualification that is in line with your objectives
• You want a recognized International Specialized Post-Graduate and Post-Experience Master, for International profiles with professional experience.
What MAFED can offer you
The program, with its focused approach and its close links with the most relevant industry players, will enable you to:
• Receive specialized management education and tools in one of the top world’s fashion and design capitals, where many high-profile events take place every year;
• Interact with a dedicated F&D academic and professional Faculty;
• Learn about new trends and successful business models moving between fashion and design based industries and across segments, from luxury to fast fashion retailers;
• Get familiar with the opportunities to rely on digital environments in high-touch businesses;
• Visit the best fashion and design companies, including factories, showrooms, and flagship stores;
• Join an international network made of students from over twenty nationalities and almost 500 Alumni worldwide.
For those who do not have a business background the Master starts in November: with Pre-courses, establishing and creating a common managerial platform among participants.
* Basics of Management
* Quantitative Methods
All partecipants, including those who did not attend Pre-courses, are required to take the Pre-courses exams at the beginning of the Program.
GENERAL MANAGEMENT & APPLIED MANAGEMENT
January / May
General Management Courses
Gaining managerial tools, methods and concepts with a specific focus on fashion and design-based companies.
• Financial Reporting and Analysis
• Corporate Finance I
• Management of Control Systems
• Fashion Marketing
• Data Analysis for Marketing Research + Excel
• Business Policy
• People Management
• Sales Management
• Business Planning
Applied Management Courses
Understanding the key managerial processes in companies where fashion, design and experience are the product/value.
• Country Models in Fashion & Luxury
• Italian Excellence
• Managing Design-Based Companies
• Industry Analysis in Fashion & Luxury
• Managing Symbol Intensive Companies
• Design Fundamentals and Trends
• Supply Chain Management
• Communication Management
Developing the core competence and tools to work in fashion, design, and experience-based industries
• Omnichannel and Retail Management
• Digital Strategy, Marketing, and eCommerce (in partnership with YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP)
• Customer Relationship Management
• Merchandising Advanced
July / November
In company group projects cover several corporate aspects and functions (brand positioning, pricing, entry into new markets, etc.).
ADVANCED COURSES AND SEMINARS
September / November
Going into the details, exploring advanced themes, getting ready to deal with them.
• International Business in a Global Environment
• Developing Creativity in Business
• Creative Entrepreneurship
• Corporate Finance – Advanced
• Processes and Competence in Brand and Product Management
• Processes and Competence in Retail
Ad-hoc seminars to deepen knowledge on advanced topics and learn state of the art methodologies and tools.
• Corporate Social Responsibility in Fashion & Luxury
• Economics of Corporate Governance in Fashion & Luxury Firms
• Retail Stock Management
(on a fee-paying basis)
• The Italian and the French Fashion and Luxury Systems in Comparison (Study Tour in Paris)
• The Italian and the Spanish Fashion Systems in Comparison (Study Tour in Madrid)
About SDA Bocconi School of Management
The leading School of Management in Italy and the only Italian School present in all of the most important International rankings (Financial Times, Bloomberg Businessweek, The Economist, Forbes), SDA Bocconi has established itself as a European leader in higher education.
SDA Bocconi School of Management is part of Università Bocconi, the first Italian University to grant a degree in economics. For over a century, Bocconi has played a leading role in Italy’s social and economic modernization.
SDA Bocconi has been engaged in the promotion and organization of executive education since 1971, with an International approach. The School’s vision of empowering life through knowledge and imagination lies behind its program offerings: Executive Education Open and Custom Programs, MBA and Master Programs, for the development of individuals, companies, institutions and economic systems.
Choosing SDA Bocconi and coming to Milano means choosing a vibrant environment, the entrepreneurial, financial and industrialized center of Italy, a doorway to Europe. In short, a wealth of international contacts and opportunities.
And Milano, of course, is culture, fashion, design, food and the art of living.
Latest SDA Bocconi Rankings
The leading School of Management in Italy and the only Italian School on the top of the charts of all main International Rankings, SDA Bocconi has established itself as a European leader in higher education.
Accreditation(s): AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS
#9 EU - #29 WW GLOBAL MBA RANKINGS 2018, FINANCIAL TIMES
#7 EU - #25 WW - Top MBAs for women 2018, FINANCIAL TIMES
#6EU EUROPEAN B-SCHOOLS RANKINGS 2017, FINANCIAL TIMES
#5 EU FULL-TIME MBA RANKING ,THE ECONOMIST - WHICH MBA 2017
#5 (1-YEAR, NON-US PROGRAMS) THE BEST INTERNATIONAL MBAS 2017, FORBES
#7EU NON US BEST INT’L BUSINESS SCHOOLS RANKINGS, BLOOMBERG BUSINESSWEEK 2017
#10EU QS GLOBAL MBA RANKINGS QS - TOP MBA 2018